Swanton Pacific Railroad - Davenport, CA
- Are captivated by all things trains
- Have a love for history
- Like to be working on a fun and diverse projects outdoors
- Want live steam maintenance or operating experience
- Have or want machine shop, welding, construction, foundry experience, or simply a desire to work with their hands and learn new things.
Al Smith Day - Canceled
- The 2018 Al Smith Day has been canceled. We continue to work to restore track that was damaged last winter. Given the location of the damaged track we are not able to offer train rides. We are optimistic that we will have the wash out repaired this summer.
Cal Poly Day is now Cal Poly Swanton Pacific Day-
- The Cal Poly Day for 2018 has been rebranded to be Cal Poly Swanton Pacific Day and is scheduled for Saturday, September 22. We have been working with the Swanton Pacific Ranch and the College of Agriculture, Food and Environmental Sciences to highlight all of the activities that take place at Swanton Pacific Ranch. Although we do not have the tracks in place to offer train rides, the roundhouse and shops will be open with static displays. If you are interested in volunteering at the Swanton Pacific Railroad this will be a good time to look around and talk with our volunteers. For more information about Cal Poly Swanton Pacific Day follow this link: https://spranch.calpoly.edu/news-events
- If you want to visit the Swanton Pacific Railroad to learn more about what we do, please feel free to visit us on any of our regular volunteer work weekends. The volunteers work weekends start on the second Saturday of each month. The hours are informal but work normally starts around 9 and wraps up around 5 each day. The volunteers will be happy to show you around and tell you about the history of the railroad and explain the work they do to keep the trains rolling.
Swanton Pacific Railroad
College of Agriculture, Food and Environmental Sciences
California Polytechnic State University
San Luis Obispo, CA 93407